Studio Equipment List
The-Nexus.tv studio is literally in the basement. Nevertheless, we manage quite well.
We have a wide range of computers in the studio and are always in need of more for various tasks.
Backup / Media Tower
This used to be the primary recording and editing station. In late 2012, it was demoted to a backup station and also aides in storing backups.
- AMD Phenom II X4 945 3.00 GHz
- 16GB 1600MHz Corsair RAM (upgraded from 4GB previously to June 2012)
- 7200RPM Caviar Black 500GB Western Digital HDD
- Windows 7
This tower originates from the fabled Windows 7 party in October 2009.
The HP 2010 dv6 Pavilion hosts all Skype calls and Google+ hangouts.
- 1st generation Sandy Bridge i3 2.13 GHz
- 4GB 1333MHz RAM
- Windows 8
- 2007 Lenovo Google laptop is used infrequently but available for guests.
- During podcast recording, Ryan typically uses his 2011 MacBook Air.
- Matthew uses his 2011 HP G7-series laptop with Windows 8.
- HP TouchPad running CM9.nightly is available for non-editing show note access.
In studio, we use three Behringer XM1800 dynamic microphones. Currently, we have two on swiveling booms and the third is mountable on demand via a clamp and gooseneck to the side of the desk. We cannot support a second guest in the studio.
We use an incredible (though sometimes troublesome) Mackie 1202 VLZ that was graciously donated. The mixer has a direct line to the Recording / Editing Tower, a mix-minus combination for the Skype-laptop, an open auxiliary line for on-demand inserts for either extra audio devices (laptops, phones, etc) and of course the three microphone XLR inputs.
In the studio room:
- we have a cheaply made L-shaped desk from Staples
- an executive level office chair for Ryan
- two regular fabric office chairs for guests
- an extremely solid door with a tight seal
- a series of LED lights strung around the ceiling of the room for ambience"
- a shrine for all of the products we have or begotten we had